Adult and Guardian Advocacy

Florida Adult and Guardian Advocacy

Florida Adult and Guardian Advocacy

Minor Guardianship

If you pass away or become incapacitated with minor children, who would continue raising them? Unless your will stipulates who should serve as your child's guardian, the court will select for you--even someone you may not approve of to raise your children.

Adult Guardianship

Some adults are not able to handle their own affairs. If an individual becomes incapacitated and has not previously put life planning tools in place that allow someone else to act upon their behalf, a guardianship may be necessary to allow management of financial assets and make other decisions for the alleged incapacitated person.

What Makes Us Different

The Law Offices of Mark F. Moss offers free, no-obligation consultations. Unlike most Florida law firms, once we know the details of your situation, we can possibly quote you a flat, fixed fee for your uncontested guardianship proceeding.

Photo of four members smiling
Senior patient with female nurse

Special Needs Guardian Advocacy

Children with special needs may need to rely on their parents for many facets of their lives. Under Florida law, a child is considered independent once they turn 18, whether or not they can take care of themselves.​

The only way for parents to continue making medical and financial decisions on behalf of their child, is to petition the court to become the  legal guardian advocate(s). We can help you retain legal guardianship of your developmentally disabled child, and set up a special needs trust to protect your child's public assistance benefits.

Parent's Relief Kit

Having an adult child is a major life event for parents and your Life Planning documents should be updated to match!

Now that your child is legally an adult, by law you no longer have the ability to make important medical or financial decisions on their behalf. Your job as a parent doesn't stop when your child turns 18. You may need the ability to cut through the red tape and get involved if any medical emergency arises or if your child seeks financial assistance.

You need three key documents to make important medical and financial decisions on behalf of your child. Neither doctors, hospitals, nor financial institutions will bend the rules on this and risk breaking federal law.

The Parent's Relief Kit includes these three documents; giving you the legal permission needed to assist your child. These documents are:​

Group of students taking photo on graduation day
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

Children's Care Kit

Having a will simply DOES NOT ensure the care of your minor children if the unthinkable occurs. Without proper legal planning for your children, if the unthinkable happens to you, the unfortunate events can get worse for your child, such as:

  • Your child being placed in the care of Child Protective Services (even with a will or trust in place)
  • Your child may be placed in the custody of someone you would never want caring for your child
  • A judge, who does not know you or your family, will decide who will raise your child
  • A percentage of your assets could be lost to pay for court costs and other fees through probate or a guardianship proceeding.

To get started with your Life Planning, including a Children's Care Kit, contact us.

Contact Us

Complimentary Consultation

Because Life is Complicated Enough®

Complimentary Consultations
Various Forms of Payment Accepted
Weekend and Evening Appointments Available


Unlock the power of your decisions with our Pink Pen Power. A symbol of strength and precision, our iconic pen embodies our commitment to empowering you through every signature. Experience the confidence and care that comes with every document signed at the Law Offices of Mark F. Moss.

Contact Us

Need assistance opening a business?
Planning for the inevitable?
Caring for parents and have questions?

Call us today for a complimentary consultation.

Complimentary Consultation

Various Forms of Payment
Weekend and Evening Availability

For general inquiries or to arrange a consultation,
please fill in the following contact form.

Your privacy is important to us. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to information you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you only, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about our new services, specials, or changes to this privacy policy. If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletter or emails regarding new services, specials, or changes to this privacy policy you can unsubscribe when you receive our correspondences, or email me at, from the email address you wish to unsubscribed with. You can also send us a letter to unsubscribe at 301 W. Bay Street, #1490, Jacksonville, FL 32202. Again please make sure you tell us the email address you subscribed with.